Friday

Introduction

Lily is my little girl. She is eighteen months old. She is gorgeous. Of course I love her, despite her occasional bouts of naughtiness.

We do everything together. We play together. We go for walks in the woods together. She is spoilt rotten; I’m always buying her new toys because it makes me happy to see her happy.

I’m hands on; I have always insisted that I play a positive role in her feed times; I believe this to be important, and of course when it comes to ‘accidents’ I do my bit.

I work from home which gives me a very privileged opportunity to enjoy far more time with Lily than perhaps is usual. She will often sit with me in my office, watching me with intrigue; no idea of course what I am doing, but intensely fixated never-the-less.

When Lily is very tired she will snuggle up close to me and fall into a deep sleep that one can only enjoy when feeling totally safe and protected. These moments are precious.

I’m not perfect; I make mistakes, but I sincerely believe I am doing more than just an okay job of looking after her upbringing and taking care of her welfare.

Lily is my little girl.
Lily is an eighteen month old Labrador, Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross breed dog that my wife, Jo, and I rescued from the dog kennels. Lily is the only experience I have to date of fatherhood and upbringing. I’m not sure if my Idiot’s Guide to Puppies is going to be of any particular use, but for now, as we plan a family, it’s the only point of reference I have.

No comments: